A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment Have Questions? Call Today 1-800-SERVPRO Residential Restoration Services Fire, water, and mold restoration are the cornerstones of our business. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are dedicated to being faster to any sized disaster. Our focus on training ensures we have the expertise and skills needed to promptly restore Emergency Restoration Services: Water Damage Restoration ... Gastonville PA 15336 your property right the first time. Our restoration services include the following
If you have experienced flooding you will be well advised to contract the services of a professional flood cleanup contractor to carry out your water damage cleanup or your basement flood cleanup. When it comes to water damage, you might already know that it can do a significant amount of damage in a very short amount of time. Seeking professional help as soon as you can will often mean the difference between thousands Flood Damage Cleanup Gastonville PA 15336 of Dollars in additional expenses that a flood cleanup contractor can help you avoid. Water damage cleanup is more of a science than just simply pumping water out and allowing everything to dry. There are so many things to worry about in the form of moisture damage, mold damage, dangers of electrocution, dangers related to natural gas leaks etc that it is better for a homeowner to hire a professional basement flood cleanup Gastonville PA 15336 company to carry out the work. Before you do, make sure that you take some of the following steps yourself to minimize or contain the damage.
- If you have not identified the source of water, it could be from a burst pipe that cannot be spotted easily. Your best bet in this case would be to shut off the water supply to stop the leak.
- Assess the damage to see if it is Flood Cleanup: Why You Need a Professional to Treat Water Damage Gastonville PA 15336 something that you can manage on your own. Generally, if there was enough water to stagnate, it would be better to call a professional company as the basement flood cleanup will require heavy equipment such as dehumidifiers, blowers and water extraction units that you will not have.
- Open up the windows, door and try to get some air circulation going to minimize damage from moisture. Moisture can easily be absorbed by various construction Gastonville PA 15336 materials such as drywall, ceilings and even by furniture
- Turn off the electricity in the house or cut off power supply to the affected area as there is a serious risk of electrocution during a water damage cleanup if the electricity is left on.
- If you are carrying out a basement flood cleanup, you will first have to turn off the natural gas supply as dangerous gases can leak from pipes that might Gastonville PA 15336 have broken from the increased water pressure.
A professional flood cleanup contractor will first inspect your house to give you a broad picture about the extent of damage. They will be able to tell you about what can be salvaged or restored and what will have to be discarded and replaced. A professional flood cleanup company will possess several commercial grade blowers, humidifiers and water extraction units that will be very expensive to buy Gastonville PA 15336 or rent on your own. A cleanup company will ideally have several of these machines and they might use several drying units at once depending on the extent of damage in your house. When you hire a professional flood cleanup company, you can be assured that the work is being carried out by people who know exactly what they are doing, which might not be the case when you attempt to do the Gastonville PA 15336 water damage cleanup on your own.